Friday, January 7, 2011

Minot, ND to Saskatoon, SK

Dorothy had a reasonably good night and felt a little stronger today.  Her cough was less and most of her other symptoms have improved except general weakness and fatigue, and periodic chest pains.  With an eye on the weather, we decided to push on to Saskatoon rather than stop in Regina.  We hope the weather will allow us to reach home tomorrow.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------
A message from Dorothy:
"Thank you to all of you for your love and prayers."  I have been so blessed!
I want to thank my dear husband, Franklin, for his love and great strength which he shared with me.  Franklin is so strong, having the ability to keep the faith as he handled the unreal stress.  He left no stone unturned.  He got an air cleaner, and a humidifier to keep the air quality in the room just right; also bought a thermometer, and a pulse oximeter to check my heart and the oxygen in my blood when we are on our own.   Franklin took care of my personal needs each day.  He has driven from Florida, loading and unloading the van each day, so that I only needed to step into a warm van.  I can't begin to mention all the loving care I received.  Thank you my love!   

A thank you to our dear daughter, Carylanne.  She was checking with us from a skiing resort in Utah.  She and her friends, a doctor who is chief of staff in Kingston Hospital, and his wife, an emergency nurse, checked the medications for us.  Carylanne has given us her medical knowledge and support along this strange adventure.  Thank you dear!  We love you.   

A thank you to my brother, Al and Anne for checking in with us each day. Their support was much appreciated. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you Dorothy.  As all of you know, she is sweet and generous.

Now a few pictures from today's travel.
We noticed some snow at our hotel in Minot, ND
Now, a few scenes from along the way:
It's beginning to look like home - near Portal, ND
Back in Canada
Canada is a land of law and order
Welcome to Saskatchewan
Thank you to all.  With a little more Help, we will be home tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. now we can all breathe a little bit easier! we are having a nasty snow storm and the roads are not good from LLoyd to SPk. One more 'heavy duty prayer' coming your way!

    ReplyDelete